You are a gun for hire, trapped in a war-torn African state, stricken with malaria and forced to make deals with corrupt warlords on both sides of the conflict in order to make this country your home.
You must identify and exploit your enemies' weaknesses, neutralizing their superior numbers and firepower with surprise, subversion, cunning and of course brute force.
- Fire: Feel the heat of the most realistic fire ever seen in a video game! Use wind and propagation to surround and trap your enemies. Grab your Molotov cocktails or flamethrowers to take out your enemies.
- Destructible environment: No more obstacles: Everything is breakable and alterable, even in Multiplayer mode. The DUNIA engine's RealTree technology also delivers the most realistic nature deterioration system ever.
- Open world: Experience real freedom while roaming in more than 50km2 without any loading. Choose your own path in this vast environment and explore a living African world.
- A huge adventure: Fight for two rival factions, and make your way up to your primary target by any means necessary. Take on over 70 side missions to earn valuable information, new weapons and vehicles.
- Non-scripted artificial intelligence: Medics will drag wounded soldiers to safety. Grunts will come to fear you. Your reputation and in-game actions will make enemies drop their guns and run for their lives. Feel the tension of never knowing just how an enemy will react.
- MULTIPLAYER: Challenge your friends but watch your back you never know who your true friends are and who might betray you! All the single player technical features are also present in multiplayer mode.
Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition contains the full Far Cry 2 game, including all previously released patches and the Far Cry 2 Fortunes DLC with additional content listed below.
Single player additional content:
- Three brand-new weapons: Silenced shotgun, Sawed-off shotgun, Crossbow
- Two new vehicles: Unimog, Quad
Multiplayer additional content:
- Additional weapons and four new exciting maps: Cheap Labor, Last Resort, Lake Smear, Fort Fury
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo Family, AMD 64 X2 5200 , AMD Phenom or better
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: 512 MB, NVidia 8600 GTS or better, ATI X1900 or better*
Sound: 5.1 sound card recommended
Supported OS: Microsoft Windows XP or Windows Vista (64 is supported)
Processor: Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz, Pentium D 2.66 Ghz, AMD Athlon 64 3500 or better
Memory: 1 GB
Graphics: 256 MB, Shader Model 3 required, NVidia 6800 or ATI X1650 or better*
Hard Drive: 3.5 GB (Multiple saves and user created maps will increase the amount of needed hard disk space.)
*Supported Video cards: NVidia 6800, NVidia 7000 series, 8000 series, 9000 series, 200 series. 8800M and 8700M supported for laptops. ATI X1650 – 1950 series , HD2000 series , HD3000 series , HD4000 series
Legal Notice / EULA
© 2008 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Far Cry, Ubisoft, Ubi.com, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Based on Crytek's original Far Cry directed by Cevat Yerli.